Rapid weight loss often results in loss of firmness and drooping of the skin on the inside of the shoulders. Loose, flabby skin may also be the result of residual fatty tissue above the elbow. To avoid this effect, you should consider an arm lift, which will give you a youthful, aesthetic appearance.
How it’s done
Arm lift surgery (also referred to as brachioplasty) involves the removal of excess skin from parts of the arms. The incisions are located on the inside, above the elbow, to be as little visible as possible. The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia and is often combined with extraction of excess fat, for example by ultrasound.
The method uses ultrasound to accurately break up the fat for easy removal. Thanks to the extreme accuracy of targeting the ultrasound jet at selected areas, Vaser Lipo is characterized by low invasiveness. Thus, recovery is faster and more comfortable for the patient than after traditional liposuction. The procedure lasts two to three hours.
- 2-3 days after surgery – removal of bandages and drains
- first weeks – possible swelling
- approx. one week after surgery – patients usually return to work
- for approx. 4 weeks we recommend a compression band to prevent oedema
- first 6 weeks after surgery – avoid lifting weights over 6 kg
- after 2-3 months the scars begin to fade (the final appearance is achieved after 1-2 years)
- watch out for scars and the sun – avoid sun rays and use creams with a minimum of 15 UV filter for the time of their healing
Time of surgery:
6 weeks, 2 check-up visits
Ask the specialist for details! Schedule an appointment with our plastic surgeon.
+48 61 833 08 81